Marcus JohnsonAn independent Billboard-ranked musician and NAACP Image Award-nominated jazz keyboardist and pianist, Marcus Johnson is also the CEO and Founder of Flo Brands, LLC and more recently Flo Wine, LLC. He has combined an eminently successful musical career with his love of wine by marrying the two in a unique endeavor.
Over the last decade, Marcus Johnson has released 15 successful studio albums. On Pandora, Marcus receives 5.1 million spins per year with 2,000 new stations added each month, and his music receives a 74% “thumbs ups” rating verses an average of 56%. Johnson is the owner of a music label, Three Keys Music, and has emerged as one of the young lions of the music world. His unique self-taught style of piano play has earned him distinction among his peers, praise from the media and accolades across the music industry. Marcus is on the cutting edge of ‘Euro Jazz’ having formed JURIS, a musical collaboration with acclaimed Parisian DJ and producer Pulse. The duo quickly developed a name within the international music community, enjoying large-scale performances.
- Tray Chaney BioTray ChaneyPoot From HBO's The WireTray Chaney, the highly celebrated up and coming actor, is best known for his role as "Poot" on the HBO’s Original hit series “The Wire”. The strikingly handsome young man of many talents began his career as a performer at the early age of four years old. After graduating from high school, Tray caught the acting bug and auditioned for and landed the role of “Poot” on HBO’s “The Wire”; which aired its first episode in June 2002. In 2003, Tray made his first movie appearance in “Head of State” with Chris Rock and Bernie Mac which was followed by a role in "The Salon" starring the highly acclaimed actress/producer "Vivica A. Fox". Tray was also featured on "The District" (CBS) . Tray later had the opportunity to star in Bow Wow's chart topping video "My Baby" featuring the multi-platinum group " Jagged Edge" TrayChaney announces the release of his inspirational autobiography “THE TRUTH YOU CAN’T BeTRAY” and the Direct Television 101 Network premiere of the HBO hit series “The Wire” on July 18th 2010. Both the book release and the series syndication mark the arc of a new era for the Maryland native actor. Tray's newest venture includes stepping into the world of music as a writer, producer, and rapper. Tray’s career continues on the road of endless and indomitable creativity. This year Tray stars in the film "STREETS" starring "MEEK MILL" "JAMESY BOY" starring Ving Rhames James Woods & Mary Louise Parker which Tray's Original Song "Self Made Star Is Featured In The Film. Tray Recently stars in and produced the love story "6Hearts 1Beat". Tray uses every minute to hone his talents as he continues to innovate and entertain.Tray will continue exceeding industry expectations as he builds his career in the entertainment world. For Further info please visit my MTV Artist Page http://www.mtv.com/artists/tray-chaney/
- Tamara WellonsTamara Wellons#behindtheveilTamara Wellons, considered by The Washington Post as “…a singer with extraordinary pipes” has the ability to pen and perform the most addictive and modern blend of soul, jazz and house music, as well as shape classic tunes into the fresh grooves she desires, “the mark of a true artist.”
Tamara’s voice is faved in the soulful dance global community from South Africa to Miami and highly revered locally in the DC Metropolitan area. She has performed in prestigious venues from Washington DC’s legendary Blues Alley to London’s Jazz Café.
Artist EPK: including full bio...
- #hippielifecrewPinky KillaCorn#hippielifecrewAbout Pinky KillaCorn: Pinky KillaCorn is a hip hop artist, song writer and entertainer raised in the Northwest quadrant of Washington, DC. In 2006, Pinky quickly developed a reputation for her tenacious freestyles while hosting parties and taking over events by engaging party goers with her killa style of word play. This ignited her buzz as a local DMV rapper.
In 2010, after releasing her first written song "Wrench Around", Pinky went on to produce several tracks and gained notability with her 2012 debut self entitled Album, "Pinky KillaCorn", with notable tracks; Cherry Bomb, Congo & Kick Back! After realizing that her favorite food "corn" was in almost everything and indigestible, she related it to herself as: "The Best! Being Everywhere and Indigestible". The Album "KillaCorn" received raved reviews and landed her in position as one of the DMV's most influential Female MC's. Her trademark is "HOLUUUP", and after seeing here live performance, you too will be shouting "HOLUUUP"! Experience the KillaCorn Movement!
- KonshensKonshens And His State Of Mind#behindtheveilBorn Tarik Davis, a talented writer and musician, was born and raised in Northwest Washington, DC. At an early age, he exhibited his musical potential as a vocalist and musician. As a precocious toddler, he was a guest performer with his uncle's " 2nd Amendment” and by 4, he was attending The Institute for the Gifted and Talented and focusing on the piano and later clarinet.
As a young child, he began writing poetry and continued to play music wherever there was an audience, usually at church, school, or family gatherings. His creativity developed and his artistic abilities broadened over the years and by the age of 10, Konshens officially fell in love with hip hop. Crediting Big Daddy Kane, Rakim, Ice Cube, Kool G Rap, Guru, Big L, Nas, Tupac and Scarface as some of his early influences, he continued to write and perform. A mere five years later, he became the rapper and backup lead talker for local go-go band "High Image". His band opened for local legends like Rare Essence, Northeast Groovers, & the Junkyard Band also playing numerous shows with Uncalled For (UCB) which at that time was the rival (friendly) band of High Image. High Image redefined the typical go-go band by creating its own music and original lyrics.
Konshens recorded his first hip-hop song in 2000 with his longtime friend Antonio Graham. One year later, he met his current producer Phillip Carroll of X Factory Studio/Records. Taking advice given from Rich Harrison (co-writer and producer of various songs including Amerie's "one thing", Beyonce's "Crazy In Love" & Destiny Child's "Soldier"), along with the creative mind Dwayne "Blue" Telesford (his current business manager), Konshens has developed his unique contribution to hip hop.
Konshens has also done something unique in his musical journey by constructing his own (7 piece) band “STATE of MIND”. Konshens & His State of Mind consists of members: DaRon Seigler (drums) & (percussion), Raymond Mincey (Sax), Dennis Garland, Jr. (keyboards) Jerome Lawerence (Bass) and Deante Haggerty-Willis (Guitar). As Konshens likes to refer to Konshens & His State of Mind as “the hip hop version of Frankie Beverly and Maze.”
Konshens recorded his second project with his band STATE OF MIND, (released Mar. 2009) Followed by the third project released (Feb. 2013), along with being accepted as a Voting Member of the Recording Academy in 2013 and joining The Larry Young Morning Show “Hero’s” Segment on Radio One’s, WOLB Baltimore. Furthermore, Konshens is a “teaching Artist-in-Residence” at 3 different schools in Washington, DC courtesy of Guerilla Arts program headed by Gabriel Asheru Benn (writer & performer of The Boondocks cartoon theme song).
KSOM have won many awards and accolades, to include:
• Appreciation award from the City Council of Baltimore for bringing awareness to youth on the importance of being a registered voter and voting.
• Featured Independent artist in underground Music campaign with GEICO
• Top 5-artist song downloads (over 28k) for Independent Music campaign in conjunction with Myxer (ringtone co.)
• Song placement in Motion Picture film “Compliance” featured at (Sundance Film Festival)
• The only nominee from the DC region for the 10th Annual Independent Music Awards (Held in NYC)
• 3yr Nominee at the DMV Music Awards.
• Named “Entertainer of the Year” by Velocity Magazine (for the DC, MD, VA region).
• Song placed on Converse project "Get Out of The Garage" distributed at "Journey's" shoe/clothing store across the U.S.
• Ranking as one of the top 3 artists in " Coors Light Search for the Coldest MC" Competition for the DC/Baltimore Region.
Konshens TheMc has an inspirational book looking to release in (2014) followed by the 4th independent album release. Konshens views life as change realizing that the famous quote by Frederick Douglass certainly stands true that “without struggle, there is no progress.”
Facebook: Konshens TheMc
- Have Some Fun Tonight ⟶Framewerk#behindtheveilIndividually, the members of FrameWerk are considered some of the best players in the industry. Together, they produce sparks that remind the listener of their passion for music.
The members play without limits and they don’t hold back. Their creative, spontaneous and driving arrangements create an excitement for the listener that is riveting.
FrameWerk’s signature sound reaches into the R&B, jazz, blues, soul and neo-soul catalog with solid arrangements that remind you of the first time you heard it – the sound that excited the soul. Mixed with original selections, soothing ballads and funk that will get you on your feet – it’s a journey that will spur a series of emotions and memories.
With the members all coming from a lifetime submersed in music, FrameWerk is quickly becoming one of the hottest, most talked about groups in the industry.
EarlyBird Tickets On Sale thru August 14th at Midnight
GET TASTE UPDATES!
Sign up to receive exclusive info, breaking news, event updates, line-up news & announcements before everyone else. Request vendor or sponsor information from the email button.