Marcus JohnsonAn independent Billboard-ranked musician and NAACP Image Award-nominated jazz keyboardist and pianist, Marcus Johnson is also the CEO and Founder of Flo Brands, LLC and more recently Flo Wine, LLC. He has combined an eminently successful musical career with his love of wine by marrying the two in a unique endeavor.
Over the last decade, Marcus Johnson has released 15 successful studio albums. On Pandora, Marcus receives 5.1 million spins per year with 2,000 new stations added each month, and his music receives a 74% “thumbs ups” rating verses an average of 56%. Johnson is the owner of a music label, Three Keys Music, and has emerged as one of the young lions of the music world. His unique self-taught style of piano play has earned him distinction among his peers, praise from the media and accolades across the music industry. Marcus is on the cutting edge of ‘Euro Jazz’ having formed JURIS, a musical collaboration with acclaimed Parisian DJ and producer Pulse. The duo quickly developed a name within the international music community, enjoying large-scale performances.
- Patrice LIVEPatrice LIVE#WonderWomanPatrice Jones‐Nickols, also known as PatriceLIVE, is a rising artist who has been actively involved in music since the
age of five. As a brand, PatriceLIVE encompasses the strong stage presence and captivating performances that
Patrice is known for as an artist. She is a singer, songwriter and vocal coach who is trained in classical, gospel and
jazz music. High energy and audience interaction are the main ingredients of a PatriceLIVE show. She prides herself
on giving dynamic performances; one minute she may be belting out a soulful ballad, and the next she is dancing
on the table. Her sound can be described as an infusion of various genres of music including Rhythm & Blues, jazz,
gospel & soul. Her message is that no matter what obstacles you encounter on your journey, you can do absolutely
anything that you want to do. Moreover, a delay is certainly not a denial, and she is proof that all women can be
As a native of the Washington DC Metropolitan Area, Patrice has been active in evolving her resume through
collaborations and performances in the area. She has opened for the likes of actor/comedian Tommy Davidson,
performed as a backing artist for Yolanda Adams and Joss Stone at the BET Honors Concert and has also performed
the “National Anthem” for both Redskins and Wizards games. She has worked with some of the top artists, teachers, and producers in Washington DC and New York.
Some of her mentors include: her grandfather Horace Thompson of the Grammy® nominated gospel group The
Sensational Nightingales; cousin and accomplished Broadway performer Anika Ellis of Broadway stage shows
“Aida” and “The Color Purple”; and Grammy nominated producer Quincy Lowe.
As a song writer, Patrice likes to narrate stories based on authentic life experiences. She has written and referenced songs for numerous artists, who have come to love and respect her talent. She has also built steady relationships with her fellow musician friends including the all‐female R&B/ Go‐Go band Be’la Dona, along with other bands Beautiful eXperience, Kinda Blu and soul artist/producer V.Rich.
- High Quality x Perfection ⟶Wisdom Speeks#OfficialFlyGuyWisdom Speeks Band & Show has been illuminating audiences with a unique style of music they like to call Global Soul under the leadership of Whop Craig aka Wisdom Speeks who formed the band in 2009. They have become quite the talk of the town as it pertains to the live band circuit in the DMV, fusing jazz, hip-hop, reggae, and latin elements with the DC street beat. Wisdom Speeks’ fan base is both young and old, rich and poor, and all come to appreciate WS brand of musical storytelling and the creative and distinctive arrangements that resonates in the hearts and heads of listeners long after the music stops. Their goal is to communicate to all who care to hear the message in the music which is to celebrate life, and spread love through unified positivity, which is conveyed in the lyrics in a style that only Whop can deliver. “Tomorrow is not promised to anyone so I tell the truth today because with wisdom there is hope that opportunity can bring peace,” Whop adds. Producing music since the age of 15, and with extensive amounts of experience with live bands over the years, Whop felt it was only right that members of WS be of a similar background. So through trial and error he assembled professional musicians who are exceptional producers and songwriters, and who can leave their egos at home. Together they strive for perfection with the goal to be a high-quality band in not only the DC area, but worldwide.
- Tray Chaney Bio ⟶Tray ChaneyPoot From HBO's The WireTray Chaney, the highly celebrated up and coming actor, is best known for his role as "Poot" on the HBO’s Original hit series “The Wire”. The strikingly handsome young man of many talents began his career as a performer at the early age of four years old. After graduating from high school, Tray caught the acting bug and auditioned for and landed the role of “Poot” on HBO’s “The Wire”; which aired its first episode in June 2002. In 2003, Tray made his first movie appearance in “Head of State” with Chris Rock and Bernie Mac which was followed by a role in "The Salon" starring the highly acclaimed actress/producer "Vivica A. Fox". Tray later had the opportunity to star in Bow Wow's chart topping video "My Baby" featuring the multi-platinum group " Jagged Edge" TrayChaney announces the release of his inspirational autobiography “THE TRUTH YOU CAN’T BeTRAY” and the Direct Television 101 Network premiere of the HBO hit series “The Wire” on July 18th 2010. Both the book release and the series syndication mark the arc of a new era for the Maryland native actor. Tray's newest venture includes stepping into the world of music as a writer, producer, and rapper. Tray’s career continues on the road of endless and indomitable creativity. This year Tray stars in the film "STREETS" starring "MEEK MILL" "JAMESY BOY" starring Ving Rhames James Woods & Mary Louise Parker which Tray's Original Song "Self Made Star Is Featured In The Film. Tray Recently stars in and produced the love story "6Hearts 1Beat". Tray uses every minute to hone his talents as he continues to innovate and entertain.Tray will continue exceeding industry expectations as he builds his career in the entertainment world. For Further info please visit
- We The Fix BandTHE FIX #WeTheFixFrom the rise of electronically produced music, virtually forcing self-contained bands into extinction—The Fix, arose. The latest band taking the DC music scene by storm. The Fix does it all—live arrangements that can combine the latest in Hip-hop, with rhythmic lead guitar played by Andrew White, or crooning lush, "baby-making" soulful covers sung by lead singer Keith Angelo. This much sought after band, quickly evolved within a year's time from a friendship shared between 5 musicians. Brought together by drummer, Silk Gates after the death of fellow drummer, and friend David R. Callaham, and a love for musicianship seen in bands like Earth Wind & Fire. Frank Javois, Sean "Smiles" Miles, Keith Angelo, Andrew "Drew" White and Silk Gates formed the band The Fix.
"We decided to not let ourselves become bogged down with strict thematic or musical boundaries,". "We wanted, instead, to bring back feel-good live music that was expressive of iconic bands like Mint Condition". For the first time in our career, we could go back into musical favorites from our past for inspiration and resources and put our own fresh spin on it. Without being a direct throwback, The Fix threads 90's nostalgia into the musical mix.
Nothing is formulaic or routine with The Fix. "It is a kind of organic creativity." Years of performing nationally and internationally made it possible for us to deliver such intoxicating live arrangements. "The Fix Band is taking over" Famed DC DJ, DJ Flexx says. "They are refreshing change from the status quo." "They are a musical force to be reckoned with, and fans from all over can always be heard chanting"
"WE THE FIX!"
Tamara’s voice is faved in the soulful dance global community from South Africa to Miami and highly revered locally in the DC Metropolitan area. She has performed in prestigious venues from Washington DC’s legendary Blues Alley to London’s Jazz Café.
Artist EPK: including full bio...
- #SuperSmoothBrian Cunningham Project#SuperSmoothThis group is comprised of local musicians from various institutions across the DC metropolitan area, specializing in smooth jazz, gospel, and R&B. A prime example of the universal language of music, this group consists of members from two different generations. Bridging the gap between New School and Old School, it's always a good time when you get a chance to sit back and enjoy the music with the Brian Cunningham Project!
- KonshensKonshens And His State Of Mind#behindtheveilBorn Tarik Davis, a talented writer and musician, was born and raised in Northwest Washington, DC. At an early age, he exhibited his musical potential as a vocalist and musician. As a precocious toddler, he was a guest performer with his uncle's " 2nd Amendment” and by 4, he was attending The Institute for the Gifted and Talented and focusing on the piano and later clarinet.
As a young child, he began writing poetry and continued to play music wherever there was an audience, usually at church, school, or family gatherings. His creativity developed and his artistic abilities broadened over the years and by the age of 10, Konshens officially fell in love with hip hop. Crediting Big Daddy Kane, Rakim, Ice Cube, Kool G Rap, Guru, Big L, Nas, Tupac and Scarface as some of his early influences, he continued to write and perform. A mere five years later, he became the rapper and backup lead talker for local go-go band "High Image". His band opened for local legends like Rare Essence, Northeast Groovers, & the Junkyard Band also playing numerous shows with Uncalled For (UCB) which at that time was the rival (friendly) band of High Image. High Image redefined the typical go-go band by creating its own music and original lyrics.
Konshens recorded his first hip-hop song in 2000 with his longtime friend Antonio Graham. One year later, he met his current producer Phillip Carroll of X Factory Studio/Records. Taking advice given from Rich Harrison (co-writer and producer of various songs including Amerie's "one thing", Beyonce's "Crazy In Love" & Destiny Child's "Soldier"), along with the creative mind Dwayne "Blue" Telesford (his current business manager), Konshens has developed his unique contribution to hip hop.
Konshens has also done something unique in his musical journey by constructing his own (7 piece) band “STATE of MIND”. Konshens & His State of Mind consists of members: DaRon Seigler (drums) & (percussion), Raymond Mincey (Sax), Dennis Garland, Jr. (keyboards) Jerome Lawerence (Bass) and Deante Haggerty-Willis (Guitar). As Konshens likes to refer to Konshens & His State of Mind as “the hip hop version of Frankie Beverly and Maze.”
Konshens recorded his second project with his band STATE OF MIND, (released Mar. 2009) Followed by the third project released (Feb. 2013), along with being accepted as a Voting Member of the Recording Academy in 2013 and joining The Larry Young Morning Show “Hero’s” Segment on Radio One’s, WOLB Baltimore. Furthermore, Konshens is a “teaching Artist-in-Residence” at 3 different schools in Washington, DC courtesy of Guerilla Arts program headed by Gabriel Asheru Benn (writer & performer of The Boondocks cartoon theme song).
KSOM have won many awards and accolades, to include:
• Appreciation award from the City Council of Baltimore for bringing awareness to youth on the importance of being a registered voter and voting.
• Featured Independent artist in underground Music campaign with GEICO
• Top 5-artist song downloads (over 28k) for Independent Music campaign in conjunction with Myxer (ringtone co.)
• Song placement in Motion Picture film “Compliance” featured at (Sundance Film Festival)
• The only nominee from the DC region for the 10th Annual Independent Music Awards (Held in NYC)
• 3yr Nominee at the DMV Music Awards.
• Named “Entertainer of the Year” by Velocity Magazine (for the DC, MD, VA region).
• Song placed on Converse project "Get Out of The Garage" distributed at "Journey's" shoe/clothing store across the U.S.
• Ranking as one of the top 3 artists in " Coors Light Search for the Coldest MC" Competition for the DC/Baltimore Region.
Konshens TheMc has an inspirational book looking to release in (2014) followed by the 4th independent album release. Konshens views life as change realizing that the famous quote by Frederick Douglass certainly stands true that “without struggle, there is no progress.”
Facebook: Konshens TheMc
- Dyson AlexanderDyson Alexander #TeenSensationHailing from PG County Maryland (currently residing in Northern Virginia), Dyson Alexander aka DaWeapon01 is a multi-sport athlete whose love for music at a very early age led him to begin recording at the age of eleven years old. His signature sound and refreshing style is gaining him popularity and recognition as one of the most talented young artists in the region. Dyson’s personality, vibe and sound is a direct reflection of his raw talent promising him both longevity and success in the entertainment industry.
His first debut single at 11 years old, “Poppin Bottles”, was produced by Producer Crazy (co-producer of the “18th Floor Thompson Hotel Edition” EP for Timbaland's artist BK Brasco), and received rave reviews throughout the region.
Dyson is currently in the studio with DC-based superproducer, Tone P (producer of Wale's Love Hate Thing). Dyson has also been working with K-Rucka, as well as 2Tall, (whose credits include DMV heavyweights Fat Trel and Shy Glizzy), Trak Specialist, Taaz Beats, Carl Rushing, and Bruce Gardner. Dyson has performed with numerous artists such as Mindless Behavior and 4EY the Future, just to name a few. His live performance dates include the Whisky-A-GoGo (North Hollywood, CA), The Enclave (Atlanta, GA) in conjunction with the A3C festival, and more recently at Blackthorn 51 in Queens, NYC at an event hosted by Power 105.1's, EMEZ.
You can see and hear more from Dyson Alexander aka DaWeapon01 by checking out his SoundCloud at www.SoundCloud.com/daweapon01, as well as his MTV artist profile www.DysonAlexander.MTV.com, his YouTube channel DaWeapon01, and by following him on twitter/instagram @DaWeapon01.
- Dj Beauty & The BeatzDj Beauty & The Beatz#StarPowerCatch the sounds of DJ Beauty and the Beatz on SoundCloud. Find out what all the hype is about by visiting her website and signing up for her newsletter here. Follow her on Instagram and Twitter @TheFlyestLilDJ. This young lady is not only sweet and talented but she is the hottest young professional female DJ in the world!
- Dj Beauty & The BeatzDj Dnitty#RippedMondayNiteDJ/Music Director-Ripped Monday Nite Show 8pm-10:30pm/RippedRadioNetwork.com * DJ/Producer-InTheMix Show * DJ/CEO NYCHI Entertainment * #NerveDJs
EarlyBird Tickets On Sale thru August 14th at Midnight
GET TASTE UPDATES!
Sign up to receive exclusive info, breaking news, event updates, line-up news & announcements before everyone else. Request vendor or sponsor information from the email button.